Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Libraries and Photo books. A match made in heaven.

I was at the library today with my little boy and I came across a book about opposites.  I picked it up and noticed that on the cover there were photos.  It piqued my interest and decided to look at it further while the boy was diving into the animals over in the play area. 

To my surprise, the book contained all photos.  Photos of a little girl and what I would suspect is her little brother.  The theme of the book was opposites and so the little girl showed everyone her bed which was big and the little boy showed his bed which was small.  You get the point.

Then it dawned on me.  This is a photo book.  Then I looked around and remembered that I was in a library.  And the environmentally friendly light bulb went on above my head using as little energy as possible! 

Imagine this in the future: you make an awesome photo book of your kids.  You personalize it yes, but it’s universally understandable with its subject.  A couple of weeks after you get the book printed at Silver Street Media, your local library calls and asks about your photo book.  The library decides to purchase your photo book and have it available in their ever growing “PHOTO BOOK” section of the library.  You are delighted and thus start to create more and more.

Could this happen?  Why not?