Monday, April 4, 2011

My Birthday Month Photo Book


Every year in April I take photos of myself each day of that month.  April is my birthday month.  This is perfect for photo books because the month is 30 days and at Silver Street Media you need 30 pages to make good sized photo book.  I mean you don’t need that many but they say that is the best size, more is fine but 30 page is a good number.

I’ve been doing it for a few years now.  Call me vain but it’s fun and it keeps my creativity going.  I’m a graphic designer so I also try to spruce up the shots using Photoshop.  I add other pictures to the one photo and also some words or squiggles that I heard that day or felt that day.

I also include pieces of news that happened that day.  It’s a great way of remembering what was happening the month of birthday on that particular year. 

Tell me what you think?  Is this vain or self important?