Tuesday, April 12, 2011

7 Reasons Photobooks are better than Photo Albums





1. No Glue! Yeah, that’s right. You don’t have to glue anything when you make a photobook. Nice right? You won’t even have to worry about pages of the photobook sticking together like photo album pages sometimes do.








2. No re-arranging photos. Has this happened to you before? I used to do this all the time. I’m a stickler for order. And after I put in tons of photos then I will inevitably find one that should be in the second page. ARGH! So I have to take all the photos out and then put the new photo in and then put them all back. So annoying! Not with photobooks though!




3. Compact size. When I pull my photo albums off the shelf my friends groan. Because it’s so huge and bulky and I have to sit for a break after getting it out. There’s a ton of photos in the back that nobody will understand so I tell my friends to skip those. So silly. Photobooks are so much more compact and easy to look at. Pull it off the shelf and toss it to your friends who won’t groan at all!







4. Easy to bring to show family. I have a big family. We’re spread out all over the country. I want to show them my photos but unless we all get together at the holidays I can’t do that. Photobooks are so versatile that you could make a photobook and send it to your family members. The original photos are safe at your home while the photobook speeds its way to your family members.







5. No difficult to read handwritten captions or notes. I’ve seen many photo albums. Some are really old. Some photo albums have captions. Some captions have been written by people who have great hand writing but some have been written by people who have crazy hand writing. Some of the young people can’t even read some of the writing of the really old captions. That won’t happen in a photobook since you can use a variety of fonts to write captions and notes.






6. Photos won’t fade. Have you seen a photo album where the photos have been in there for so long the photos have lost their color or have faded significantly? I’ve seen this too many times. But with a photobook you have to find a company that prints their pages on a good quality paper and the ink is some of the best quality ink.






7. Books won’t fall apart. I have a photo album at home that I don’t look at anymore. Why? Because if I touch it, it will fall apart. I would love to see those photos again but I can’t. Photobooks will never fall apart like this photo album I have.