Monday, September 19, 2011

Traditions and Hearthside Stories of West Cornwall

Buy this book on Amazon.com


"Open your doors, and let me in, I hope your favours I shall win; Whether I rise, or whether I fall, I'll do my best to please you all." ~ Christmas play of St George and the Dragon.

This book is an important contribution to preserving the folklore of Cornwall. Traditions and Hearthside Stories of West Cornwall sets about to capture the myths and legends, fireside stories and traditions, old songs and superstitions of Cornwall at the time. Many of these were already disappearing in 1873 when Bottrell first published this collection.

This edition replicates William Joseph Blight's beautiful black & white illustrations from that original publication. It also includes notes, illustrative anecdotes, a glossary of local words, as well as an index.

Get back into books. You can order this book on Amazon for yourself or those in your life who are interested hypnotism. Feel what a REAL BOOK is like again. We preserve these books for eternity. We are Silver Street Media.


Buy this book on Amazon.com