Monday, January 24, 2011

A Photo Book in a month: from start to finish



I had an epiphany one day of the perfect photo book that would make my parents cry, make them love me more and make them walk down memory lane.  Sometimes my imagination can run away without me but most of the time a photo book will well surpass the power of your imagination!

To make that amazing photo book that will make your parents a basket case you have to first start at some point before that moment that the gift is given.  A month would be best.  You might say, “A MONTH!? WHY SO LONG?”  A month because you plan well and you NEVER let something go to the last minute, right?

This is how I did it.

Step ONE: (2 weeks time) First, I did some research and went through the photos.  I found photos that fit my theme and made sure I had the information about each photo.   Then I scanned those photos into the computer and make them digital files.

Step TWO: (A few hours time) Second, I arranged the photos in my favorite photo sharing site like Flickr or PhotoBucket.  I then filled in the captions for each photo.  This was a fun part!

Step THREE: (another few hours time) Third, then I uploaded my photo album to my favorite photo book software or site.  Your choice.  Some photo book sites have an "AUTO FILL" option.  That makes it so much easier.

Step FOUR: (at most a week’s time) Fourth, I then ordered the photo books from my favorite photo book site and sat back and waited for your book to arrive!  Oh my they're already here.

Step FIVE: (10-30 minutes time depending on your skill) Fifth, I took the photo book(s) out of the box and wrapped them in wrapping paper and put my parents’ names on the label.  I mentioned skill only because when I wrap gifts people often mistake them for trash and end up throwing my gift to them away.  I didn't want this to happen!

Step SIX: (about a week’s time) Sixth, I enjoyed hearing from people who haven’t gotten their gifts yet for the event and reveled in the fact that I started a month ago and now you have this responsibility off my plate!

PS. This rarely happens that I plan ahead.  I just hope it helps you all out!

Do think that’s too long?  Too short?