Thursday, April 5, 2012

They Oughta Make a Photobook: Apple Theme - iPods I've owned and Wordfoto App

The iPod started in November of 2001.  Do you realize that?  It's been only that short a time and there have been many incarnations and copies.  Shortened as an "mp3 player" an iPod is pretty much that but so much more.  Above is the cover idea for a photobook.  This looks really really different than the iPod that I own which is an 80 GB iPod classic.  The ipod actually created something called the Podcast which is basically pre-recorded audio or video that can be played on the ipod.  I have almost 50 podcasts on my ipod.  From Big Science to Mark Levin's show and from iTunes U programs to also a few audiobooks.  My extensive CD collection has been transformed into a pocket sized ipod which contains over 12,000 songs.  Some long and some short.  With the iPod search I have almost any song in my collection at my fingertips and in my ear buds.  A culturally iconic symbol, the ipod has reached most people in the western world.  It's hard to imagine telling my children about how back in the day we used something before an ipod to listen to music.  Funny.  Anyway, if you have a bunch of iPods, you oughta make a photobook!

Along the same lines of iPods and Apple products, I came across this new thing the other day.  Have you ever had a photo that you think was so great that you just wanted to re-create the photo but with words along with teh color.  Well, there's an APP for that.  Over at AppCraver they have WordFoto which does what I described.  It's hard to explain without a photo so please take a look and see what I'm talking about.  Although I don't like the photo's teeth, I think the idea is pretty cool and really gets my creative side going.  Hold your phone back and you'll see the image but look close and there's a message.  Imagine imputting an entire book or paragraph into a photo of your dog?  The possibilities are endless, but one thing is sure: they oughta make a photobook!